A dental implant is a titanium screw that is placed into the jawbone to act as a replacement root for a crown or false tooth. Typically, a dentist mounts artificial teeth on the implants to simulate actual teeth. However, for patients who have lost all or nearly all their teeth, the implants may act as a support for removable dentures. And just like natural teeth, dental implants allow you to eat, drink, brush, floss, and speak effortlessly.
Why You May Need Dental Implants
If you’ve recently had an accident that has damaged a tooth, ineffective dentures, or just want to see your smile rejuvenated, choosing dental implants is a sure way of bringing those white teeth back to life. Additionally, you may consider them if you need the following:
- To replace your teeth without affecting the adjacent teeth
- To maintain your youthful appearance
- To get your smile and self-confidence back
- To avoid biting irregularities that can be triggered by tooth loss
- To prevent erosion of your jawbone
- To restore your speech and chewing ability
Your orthodontist will examine your mouth carefully, taking x-rays of your teeth, gum, and jawbone to establish your eligibility for the dental implant procedure. S/he will then make a mold of your natural teeth, taking into account their shape, size, and shade. The mold will be used to customise your artificial teeth so that they can simulate the natural ones.
- Single tooth replacement – The surgeon will install a dental implant surgically into the jawbone underneath the gum tissue. The implant will Osseo-integrates in the bone and gum, then an implant crown is placed on the top to resemble an actual tooth. The orthodontist may recommend a diet of soft foods until you’ve fully recovered.
- Fixed-bridge on implant– In this scenario, the teeth are usually replaced with eight or more dental implants attached to a fixed bridge in the upper or lower jaw. It normally takes 2-3 visits to have the bridge completely attached.
- Support for dentures –When replacing the entire set of teeth, a fixed bridge is attached to support the removable dentures and provide better function and comfort.
Replace Your Missing Tooth
Let us bring back your beautiful smile with dental implants
Advantages of Dental Implant
Following are the benefits of this procedure:
- The implanted teeth function normally
- They are long lasting
- Feels like a real tooth and never decays
- Highly esthetic
- Doesn’t interfere with the chewing ability
Schedule a Consultation with Us
Missing teeth can affect your self-esteem. So say goodbye to your dental woes today, and start enjoying the convenience and comfort of your dental implants by scheduling a consultation with our renowned dental surgeons. At Mississauga Smiles Dentistry, we’ve been catering to the dental implant needs of people of Mississauga and the surrounding areas for many years now. Our very best of care to our patients has seen them replace their missing teeth and restored natural smile in just few visits! Besides, we help process insurance claims and provide regular offers to our valued patients.
To learn more about our implants, please call our location nearest you to schedule an appointment or consultation.
Your Mississauga Dental Clinic
|A:||90 Burnhamthorpe Rd W, Suite 102
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C3
|Monday||9:00 AM — 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM — 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM — 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM — 7:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM — 4:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM — 4:00 PM|